Wednesday, October 29, 2008

14 & 1/2 pounds and counting!

It's been a while since I posted. Tomorrow will be Aub's first day back at work. This has to be hard for a mom. I could easily spend every day just hanging out with this kid but I also understand that the bond from the mother is especially strong. The part Aub is having the hardest time with is that we will spend a short time with her in the morning and a little time at night. Porter goes to bed so early this may not be enough for mom to get her fix!

Aub is taking it all in stride however. She is a strong woman, and I am very proud of her. I do hope that Porter takes some of the many wonderful qualities my wife has. From me I just hope she gets my twisted sense of humor and the ability to laugh at yourself. The rest she can get from mom.

What I really should do is post the many lists that have appeared around this house. I do happen to live with a true planner; a good compliment to the seat of the pants living that I prefer. While the items may not all be spelled correctly, she is really good at this. I know event planners that are not this organized. The vehicle is fueled, the lunch is packed, Porter's stuff is loaded (or labeled and in place to be packed), laundry is done. I, um... well, I cleaned. A little. That was my contribution.

Ok, back to my usual gushing about my beautiful kid...

There is nothing like your own child's smile. I look into her eyes and I am just in awe that this little girl is only four months old and she seems to understand so much. I love that I can make her smile with just words. Words that I know she can't understand, but from my intonations, she interprets that I love her. At least I hope she does. Maybe she just really enjoys having more hair than I do. Speaking of which, her hair was falling out but seems to be growing back slowly. She still has this thick patch in the back which does look quite silly sometimes (unless she is going for the male patter baldness look).

The good news is we found a great day care and we really like the gal who watches Porter. We were undecided for so long what we would do for care for her but I think we have found a great solution. When Aub finally wins the lottery, there may be a change. Until then, we will stick to plan 'B' but I expect the lottery to come through soon.

Haloween is just two days away. Expect some sweet pictures soon of a 'P' in the pod. Thanks to Auntie Erica for the great costume. And if you didn't catch it from the title, she is putting on the pounds. She is now on the growth chart for a term baby (actually in the upper percentile). We may have a volleyball player on our hands. Check out those sweet, chubby legs. And these pictures are a few weeks old.


No comments: