Sunday, July 6, 2008

Guess who showed up today?

Well, probably yesterday actually.

The STORK has arrived at the Morck household. To be quite honest, I had almost forgot about it. I know, it's hard to forget about a nine foot lawn ornament, but in all this mayhem, I did! I love the fact that it did show up as it is a great omen of things to come. We immediately put our info on the back next to all the other little ones that the stork has welcomed. The funnier part is that that last baby it welcomed in was born exactly one year prior to our little Porter. Bizzare!

And on to more good news! With how well Porter is doing, it looks like it may be very soon that we are taking her home. One nurse even told us Tuesday! We are trying not to get our hopes up too much but that is pretty much impossible. She is doing everything right: feeding well, keeping temperature, keeping pink (vs. yellow - see my previous tanning bed story) and breathing right.
This would all make sense as I have been able to get out of this big event I was supposed to do for work. Since this is such a busy time for us, I will not have to work after this Saturday, but starting Tuesday I will pretty much be working straight through with really long days. It would have lasted another week with me being out of town for that portion but thank God I was able to get out of that one. After this next weekend, I will be taking my time off from work. Again, can't wait! I don't expect much of a vacation but I just can't wait to show Porter her new digs.

If we are not ready with all of the help we have had over the last two weeks, then I don't know what else we could do. I mean really, who is truly ready. She is not even here and I am so sleepy right now (in the middle of the day). But every time I get to look into those little eyes, it is all so worth it.

Hearing test today - She passed with flying colors!


1 comment:

Jan in Edmonds said...

Thanks for the update. Love the stork! What a great idea! Today our neighbor Sally Merck (Gibson), Peter's mom stopped me and came into look at your blog and our pix of PJ. She said to send you her love and best wishes. She comments on the similarity of your names -- Merck & Morck!