Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Such a chow hound

Not much to report really except that she is still feeding well. What a surprise. Wait until she tries ice cream.  We haven't checked her official weight yet but I would imagine we are coming back close to birth weight. Aub talked with the doctor today and he said that if little P keeps feeding like this, she might be able to home soon. 

Aub is going to a weekly meeting where all of the doctors and nurses discuss the patients at the NICU.  It will be good to hear what everyone is thinking about our little one.  It is also nice that they let you in to these things.  They have always been great about communicating everything to us and I hope to hear some good news.  However, I have said through all of this that we need to take it one day at a time. Sometimes we are up. Sometimes we are down. And both are okay.

Again and again I am very happy we chose this place. Not just that it is one exit (and 9 minutes, 7 in the Mini if I am driving :-)  But really because if this had just gone to plan, it still would have been a great place. But when things don't go as planned, it is so comforting to have this amazing group of people around you.  I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful the nursing staff has been.

One thing I think about is that we now share a room with two other babies. Actually, it is really one at the moment but when we come back there may be a new roommate. But I know in some hospitals the nursery could be all in one big room with lots of Isolettes.  It is great to have the privacy and the quiet to spend time with Porter. 

Oh, and I fed her today for the first time. Can't believe I almost forgot that. I love the way she looks at me when I hold her. Is anyone sick of hearing me say that? Too bad. If you keep reading this you will hear it again and again so deal with it.  I am a proud parent and can't wait to bring little 'Squishy' home. 

4 comments:

Jan in Edmonds said...

Wow! Can't wait to hold her, too. You can say how much you love her any time! I love those words. And I love you guys so much, too.

Gramma Jan

Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby girl! We're thinking about you and cannot wait to meet Porter. We look forward to hearing when she's coming home to you guys! All the best wishes!
Love, Jenn & Greg

Unknown said...

We are so happy to hear that Baby Porter is progressing:) She is so beautiful! Congrats to you both, We are saying prayers for her to come home soon. With love- Rox and Jim

MidwestGirl said...

Congrats!!!!! After over a month in the sticks, I have returned to the city life in Bolivia and I am very happy to hear you guys have a healthy little one.

Best wishes from Bolivia,

Andrew

I have been reading and keeping up to date. Very happy to hear and see that little Porter is doing so well.

sarah