Thursday, June 26, 2008

Midnight train not to Portland....



So it is what it is. Your friend decides to break her water to keep me in the State of Washington a tad bit longer... no longer will I have the day and nights wondering if I will be here, china, sf...NO I will be here. Porter is making sure of that. So days progress, with food and movies (did Aubrey even watch one?).. and hours to wait and incubate....
So I get the news that she will be induced Thursday
morning... "not good" I said, "have to take the train to Portland that day...Porter will have to wait til Friday"... well I guess my super powers did not come into effect on Porter's decision. So Thursday it is. I sit on my couch 11:30 pm about to purchase my train to portland and instead... I decide to create a grand story to get out of my trip to Portland and cancel my meetings... so as the story goes... Dave is stuck in Chicago and I need to be with mom til he returns. Ok.. not a great story spin.. but it did the trick.

So one drive through lunch for dad and a little drugs for mom.. all is good in the morckland hood. Aubrey is a trooper.. she is surrounded by these beaming parents (always dressed in bright welcoming colors I might add)... her tubes and monitors are everywhere....the contraction mounds on the monitor closer together and huge summits compared to the past few days....but Aubrey is steadfast, determined and ready for this.


I am of course am trying to get the dish on all the single doctors and gathering gossip from the nurses that we are blessed with this day. We have already planned the 9 pound porter party...and every other celebration we can pack in. I have realized as the doctor checks the amount of dilation...(we are at 7 cm folks!) when the doctor asked if I was her sister Aubrey said, "we are close... but not that close" So I moved to the side of the bed, happy to be here...and no need for the front row seat:) Porter is ready to come today.. I have my catchers glove, and nanu nanu hand signs ready to welcome mini morck. What a blessed little girl to have the wonderful parents that she has. I am personally applying to be adopted by the morcks.. but will be happy with my role as Aunt-E instead. Amazing this process..... truly amazing
(guest blog by Erica)

1 comment:

Emma said...

Hang in there Aubrey!!!! She'll come in time!

I just giggled to myself as it seems like ages since Ciaran was born til now. I was looking at the monitor print out and snickered - when I was in labor with C there was an annoying nurse (thankfully only one) who would come up to me and say.... "OHHHH - you are having a big contraction and it's close to the last one". I kept thinking to myself (and somehow not blurting out) "No Sh*t lady now leave me the heck alone!" :-)