Monday, June 23, 2008

Water Broke! Holy Crap!


Well, so much for a plan. :-) Aub's water broke Friday night. She came right to the hospital. Luckily, her mom wasn't too far away. I was pedaling home so I didn't hear the phone nor did I think it could be that important this early. I never have been accused of being smart. So I come home, don't see anyone but the cars are both there. I knew her mom was over helping us get ready for the show on Sunday so I figure they are out to eat. I see a pizza sitting on the counter so I start to heat that up and then I see the note. "My water broke. At the hospital"....

You can imagine that my heart jumped up to about 180.

When I called her she said she was fine and was surprisingly calm. That calmed me down. So I pack and come to the hospital. And now we are in the big holding pattern. They didn't know what to expect when we came in. However, little MiniMork has been showing a strong heartbeat and is moving around. The doctor thought Aub might go into labor at any minute but she hoped we could hold out a while. It looks like now we are holding out until at least next weekend. If we can hold off infection and she doesn't go into labor on her own, we can keep her in natures own incubator. Once she reaches 35 weeks, they are not really worried about the little one.

We have had fantastic support from our family and friends. People have been bringing food, movies and anything and everything we could need. Thank you to everyone who has come and/or offered support. We really feel blessed that we have such a phenomenal support group. We love you guys and you are really helping us through this process.

No comments: