Monday, June 23, 2008

We've Moved

Since we are going to be here all week, we have moved out of the birthing suite to the plush hotel-like room of the NICU. This is the area for bed rest moms and premature babies. This facility is first rate. We have learned so much here. The doctors and nurses have been so great, guiding us through the mental and physical aspects of what we are dealing with. I would not want to be any other place.

We had an ultrasound tonight. MiniMork is right where she is supposed to be. They estimate she will be 5lbs 2oz. However, ultrasounds are not usually right so who knows. But everything looks good and that is what matters most. The coolest thing was watching the heart. Now that she is so big we can really make out the details. You could see all of the chambers, pumping away. You can even see each of the valves. We know she has a strong heart and to see it is just breathtaking.

There is one nurse here, Sherry, that we want to adopt. She is amazing. She knows what Aub is thinking before she says anything. She also knows exactly what to say to put you at ease. I wish we could have her here the whole time. She came to see us today even though she was working in another area of the hospital. I thought that was really sweet and hopefully we will see her more during our stay.

So check out these pictures. This is such a great room! Hopefully this will help ease this week on by and we can keep this going until this weekend. I will keep posting as we go when there is something to report.

Please send good thoughts and prayers our way. Just give me a healthy baby and healthy mom. I keep saying I can't wait to meet this beautiful little girl, but right now I can wait!

1 comment:

Jan in Edmonds said...

great site! thanks so much for sharing you two -- I've linked it to my blog, too. See you later today! Love, Mom/Jan