Wednesday, June 25, 2008

She is dilated!

Well, another good sign! This was the first time Aub has been checked as they wanted to minimize the risk of infection. Apparently her body is getting ready. She is dilated to 2-3 cm. so looks like we are getting ready to go! That was a nice sign since otherwise they would have to use either a chemical or a balloon to stimulate the process. Nice to not introduce anything more that we do not need.

We will be doing what we can to get a good nights sleep. We have a big day tomorrow. Thank you again to everyone. We now need a new table to hold all of the flowers that people have set! Good lord :-)

I think we are really ready. Well, as ready as any new parents can be. Again I am very thankful we have had time to prepare for this. I know Aub is ready to get up and walk around, even though it may be a few days. But really, having at least a plan helps. As comfortable as they have made us, I am sure it is still hard for her to have to sit still all the time. She is one who loves her down time, but no one likes to be forced to not move. Especially someone who enjoys walking as much as my wife.

This may be the last post until the delivery. I may post something if I get a chance once the process is underway. Obviously I would like to stay married to this gal so I doubt I will be typing during the delivery. Talk to you all soon and hopefully with one more addition to our family.

5 comments:

Jan in Edmonds said...

How exciting -- we are so tickled that tomorrow is labor day. It's like waiting for Christmas morning. See you three tomorrow.

The Pruatt Grandparents-to-be

Rev SS said...

Praying for all of you ... baby, parents and grandparents!

Anonymous said...

I love the Blog. Happy Birthday Eve Little P. You have some amazing Parents!

Lillith said...

We can't wait to meet you Porter. Now don't give your mom and dad a hard time tomorrow. They both have been through a lot already. Your mom is going to do a wonderful job of bringing you into the world tomorrow. Love you guys

Emma said...

Good luck to Aub and little one today!!! You'll do great! M, S, & C in DC